I saw the first, Killing Me Softly; Images of Women in Advertising, when it came out in the 70s. I was convinced that this brilliant betrayal of the destructive images of women would bring on a revolution that would give our daughters a chance to love their bodies and themselves without having to waste their lives attempting to measure up to the impossible ideal. Regretably, images of women in advertising have gotten worse. And contrary to the title, these images are not soft; they scream and shriek to be heard with too many people absorbing the negative messages. Please watch this 5 minute trailer of Jean Kilbourne’s latest and great version of Killing Me Softly. Maybe this time we’ll create that revolution and spare our daughters a life-time of attempting to be something they cannot and should not possibly achieve.
This story is not about weight loss. It’s a story about the power of persistent and determined self-love.
This Bathing Beauty is breathtaking. Safety, security, trust and pleasure at its core.
We all know that water is important but this is an eye-opener!
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and …….Let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china. According to www.howtocleananything.com the popular household hint guru Mary Ellen, says some coke in the toilet for an hour can do the trick.
3. According to Joey Greene’s www.wackyuses.com, to remove rust spots from chrome: rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
4. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
5. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes. This is true of a lot of carbonated beverages.
6. To bake a moist ham: empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or a coke?
Tapas Acupressure Technique can help clear physical & emotional dis-ease. This 10 minute video is an introduction by an MD involved in the research conducted by Kaiser Permanente on weight loss maintance. TAT is at the heart of our Transforming Overeating Group.
A Parable About Food and Morality
In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.
Then using God’s great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream and Krispy Kreme Donuts. And Satan said, ‘You want chocolate with that?’ and Man said, ‘Yes!’ and Woman said, ‘And as long as you’re at it, add some sprinkles.’ And they gained 10 pounds. And Satan smiled.
And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair.
And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to size 14.
So God said, ‘Try my fresh green salad.’ And Satan presented Thousand-Island Dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.
God then said, ‘I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them.
God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose those extra pounds. And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering blue light and gained pounds.
Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition. And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds.
God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald’s and its 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, ‘You want fries with that?’ And Man replied, ‘Yes! And super size them!’ And Satan said, ‘It is good.’ And Man went into cardiac arrest.
God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.
Then Satan created HMOs.
(I wish I’d written this. If anyone knows who did, please let me know so I can give him or her the credit.)