We all know that water is important but this is an eye-opener!
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and …….Let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china. According to www.howtocleananything.com the popular household hint guru Mary Ellen, says some coke in the toilet for an hour can do the trick.
3. According to Joey Greene’s www.wackyuses.com, to remove rust spots from chrome: rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
4. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
5. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes. This is true of a lot of carbonated beverages.
6. To bake a moist ham: empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or a coke?
Tapas Acupressure Technique can help clear physical & emotional dis-ease. This 10 minute video is an introduction by an MD involved in the research conducted by Kaiser Permanente on weight loss maintance. TAT is at the heart of our Transforming Overeating Group.
A Parable About Food and Morality
In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.
Then using God’s great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream and Krispy Kreme Donuts. And Satan said, ‘You want chocolate with that?’ and Man said, ‘Yes!’ and Woman said, ‘And as long as you’re at it, add some sprinkles.’ And they gained 10 pounds. And Satan smiled.
And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair.
And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to size 14.
So God said, ‘Try my fresh green salad.’ And Satan presented Thousand-Island Dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.
God then said, ‘I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them.
God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose those extra pounds. And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering blue light and gained pounds.
Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition. And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds.
God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald’s and its 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, ‘You want fries with that?’ And Man replied, ‘Yes! And super size them!’ And Satan said, ‘It is good.’ And Man went into cardiac arrest.
God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.
Then Satan created HMOs.
(I wish I’d written this. If anyone knows who did, please let me know so I can give him or her the credit.)
I’d love to never ask this question again.
What happens to a frog when you put it in room temperature water and gradually turn the heat up to boiling point?
The body doesn’t register danger and it boils to death.
Are humans really so different?
Over a long period of time we develop habits that slowly erode our health and sense of well being and chalk up ailments like heart disease, high blood pressure, arthritis, poor digestion, depression and anxiety to aging. And then when we’re asked, “How are you?” we say, “Fine,” as if all these ailments are natural and normal.
What would happen if we allowed ourselves to eat what truly nourishes us best physically and emotionally? Perhaps the temperature of the water wouldn’t reach boiling point or if it got close, we’d feel the heat before it got too late; before we developed these chronic and degenerative diseases.
Then it wouldn’t be necessary to ask, “How does that make you feel.” Go ahead, try it. Put me out of a job. I’m all for it.
Crying Is Good For Your Health – If You Think It Is
That last statement in this article is news to me. The power of belief is demonstrated yet again.
According to an article in Woman’s World, October 31 2011 — While it’s not something anyone wants to do every day, the latest research proves that a good cry from time to time can actually:
Detoxify your body!
Research shows that emotional tears – unlike say, those from cutting onions – remove toxins from your body that build up in response to stress you experience.
Prevent some eye infections!
All tears contain lysozyme, a fluid that can kill 90% to 95% of all bacteria in just 5 to 10 minutes.
Protect your heart!
Suppressing tears increases stress levels, which can cause blood pressure to spike & wreak havoc on your nervous and cardiovascular systems. But there’s a catch: To reap this benefit, you have to believe that crying is a good thing, not a sign of weakness, reveals a new study in the journal Current Directions in Psychological Science.